At Kilkenny Gymnastics Academy, we abide by the Rules & Regulations set out by our Governing Body, Gymnastics Ireland. To download a copy of their policies, click here. We have our own Academy rules and policies which can be read below.
All gymnasts & parents at Kilkenny Gymnastics Academy are required to abide by the Code of Conduct set out to ensure the protection of our gymnasts. Please read through Gymnastics Ireland’s Code of Conducts for: Young Gymnasts here and Parents/Guardians here.
Kilkenny Gymnastics Academy will ensure each gymnast receives the best instruction available. In the interest of safety for all members, we ask parents/guardians, visitors and children to observe the following rules.
Fee’s, Term Registration & Refunds
- All gymnasts must re-register with Kilkenny Gymnastics Academy each term through our secure online system Easy Payments Plus (EPP) to maintain their place within a class. The correct class must be booked or the class will be refunded and the place possibly lost.
- Payments are to be made via the EPP – cash, cheque or bank transfer will not be accepted.
- Places cannot be held for gymnasts who do not register on time.
- We run on a strict “no fees, no train” policy. Failure to pay fees on time will mean that your child will not be allowed to participate in class, please do not send them to class if fees are not paid, it is unfair to put them and KGA in this position.
- It is not possible to “make up” for missed classes or be refunded.
- A medical note from a Doctor/Hospital/Chartered Physiotherapist must be provided in order to receive refunds for classes missed due to injury/illness, this must include the start and end date of the classes being missed by the gymnast. Refunds can only be given from the time KGA is notified via email.
- In the event of closure in exceptional circumstances that is beyond management control i.e adverse weather conditions etc refunds cannot be processed.
- If not wishing to continue in class and in order to receive a refund for the remaining term dates we must be notified by email by week 3, no refunds can be given past week 3.
- Camp fee’s cannot be refunded unless sufficient notice has been given.
- The annual Gymnastics Ireland fee must be paid to join class, this covers the period September – August each year.
- In no case can the Gymnastics Ireland fee be refunded.
- Ensure all children go to the toilet prior to class, as toilet breaks can be disruptive.
- If you have a query regarding your gymnasts progress please email info[@]kilkennygymnastics.ie and we will come back to you with information from their coach.
- We ask that you do not approach coaches who are teaching class. Please speak to the coaches at the very beginning or end of class as the gymnasts require our full attention. If you wish to discuss something in length, please email and we can arrange a phone call or another suitable time to talk as we want to maximise our time with the gymnasts during class time.
- Term dates are included in your term renewal email, this gives a link to the calendar on our website. Make a note of these dates, no reminders will be sent by text or email, it is your responsibility record these dates. Make yourself familiar with both the calendar and news section of our website.
- Any members on medication (such as inhalers or Anapen’s) or suffering from a medical condition/learning difficulty must disclose this information upon registering for class.
- Members with a current injury (received from outside gymnastics) must let a coach know prior to attending class, likewise any injuries sustained in class must be reported to their coach at the time of happening.
- KGA cannot be responsible for gymnasts waiting in the arrival area outside of their own designated class time.
- We cannot be responsible for friends/siblings wanting to wait during class time, please do not leave anyone in the arrival area to watch class.
- Gymnasts must be picked up on time, particularly at the last class of the evening where a late pick up charge will apply. €5 for the first 10 mins and €10 per every 10 mins that follow. Please understand that our coaches also have personal commitments after their working hours.
- No videos or photos of the gymnasts are allowed to be taken while they are in class without express permission from staff. Please let us know if you see someone operating a camera without permission.
- All members and their Parents/Guardians are expected to show respect and courtesy towards the staff. Abuse of any type or form will not be tolerated. Verbal, emotional or physical of staff will result in a members immediate expulsion from Kilkenny Gymnastics Academy.
- In the interest of safety, members are strictly prohibited from using the equipment other than during their designated class time or unless approved by a member of staff.
- No parents are to remain inside the gym during class time unless specifically asked by a coach. It has been proven that a much better response from children is possible when a parent is not present.
- Gymnasts may not leave the gym until a parent has arrived for collection, parents must collect from inside the gym.
- All members are expected to show respect and courtesy towards their coaches and fellow gymnasts. Bad behaviour of any type will result in a meeting/phone call with a parent/guardian and further discussion of the issue.
- Bullying of any kind is not tolerated and will be dealt with immediately.
- Abuse of any type or form will not be tolerated. Verbal, emotional or physical of other members or staff will result in immediate expulsion from Kilkenny Gymnastics Academy.
- Whilst it is not compulsory, ensure your child brings a drink to class, should they need one. We recommend water, fizzy drinks are not permitted nor are chewing gum, lollipops, sweets and popcorn inside the front door.
- All children attending classes are asked to help tidy the gym at the end of class, this is expected from all gymnasts. It creates a good sense of responsibility and good work ethic.
- Ensure your gymnasts wears the appropriate attire. Jeans, tights or skirts are not suitable for gymnasts. More on what to wear can be found here.
- Hair should be neatly tied back and all jewellery removed.
- Do not bring any valuables to class. We cannot be responsible for electronics or money going missing.
- All equipment must be treated with respect and not purposely damaged in anyway.
2018 Child Safeguarding Statement
Gymnastics Ireland provides sporting activities and opportunities for young people though participation in clubs, national events and our national teams. Gymnastics Ireland is committed to safeguarding children and affiliated clubs work under the guidance of our Safeguarding Policies. All our volunteers and staff working with our young people, throughout the organisation, seek to create a safe environment for young people to participate in our activities.
Our Club’s written Safeguarding Risk Assessment document indicates the areas of potential risk of harm, the likelihood of the risk occurring, and gives the policy, guidance or process documents required to alleviate these risks. The list of risks identified is contained in the following categories: Club and Coaching Practices, Complaints & Discipline, Reporting Procedures, Use of Facilities, Recruitment, Communications and General Risk of Harm.
This Club’s Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, (the Children First: National Guidance and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice). In addition to our Risk Assessment document described above, there are further procedures that support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our activities.
Gymnastics Ireland has the following procedures in place as part of our Safeguarding Code and Policies:
- Dealing with and reporting allegations of abuse or misconduct by staff or volunteers against a child availing of our activities
- Safe recruitment of staff and volunteers to work with children in our activities
- Access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm
- Appointment of Designated Liaison Persons at Club and National level
- Appointment of Children’s Officers at Club and National level who shall be the relevant persons or first points of contact in respect of this statement
The Mandated Person appointed by Gymnastics Ireland is Dermot Howlin, phone 01 6251125.
We recognise that implementation is an ongoing process. Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been prepared in accordance with the requirements contained in the Children First Act 2015. Our Club is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed within 24 months.