February see’s the first school break since Christmas, it’s the perfect time to have some fun and why not do it through the best sport of all, gymnastics! We have loads on offer during midterm break February 18th – 22nd for all ages, boys and girls!
No general recreation classes are running between February 18th – 23rd. Pre-Squad, Junior Development and Advanced Recreation groups will soon receive an email with their scheduled training timetable for this week.
Have a look at what is on offer! All places must be booked directly via our website. Continue reading for full information and learn how to book.
Try It Out Class / Camps / Workshop
Has your child wanted to try gymnastics and you are apprehensive about signing up for a term as you are unsure if they will like it? Try it outs are the perfect way to introduce children to gymnastics! Read below for what’s on offer and beneath are the class/camp descriptions.
Parkour Try It Out Class
Experience our brilliant Parkour/Gymnastics camp! If you love activities such as free running, roller blading, skateboarding and gymnastics then why not try out this new and exciting class! Freestyle/Parkour Gymnastics is about total freedom. Combining elements from martial arts and stunt performance as well as gymnastics. It is surprisingly easy to get into and once you’re hooked, it’s almost impossible to stop. You’ll start by getting to grips with some of the basic techniques and jumps. In the long term you will learn to flip, somersault, run along walls and so much more!
- When: Monday 18th February 6.30 – 8.00pm
- Who: Girls & Boys age 9+
- Cost: €16 (current members) / €20 (non members)
Artistic Gymnastics Try It Out Classes
Gymnastics teaches the fundamental movement and sports skills that are at the core of every other sport. Fundamental movement skills include skills like climbing, swinging, balancing and landing. It develops the ABCs of athleticism: agility, balance, coordination and speed.Children can swing on the bars, jump on the trampoline, learn a cartwheel or a handstand! Artistic gymnastics is an amazing sport to be involved in, whether you are a beginner or a gymnast with previous experience, come and see what KGA has to offer in our fantastic facility. (Note if viewing on a phone you may need to turn sideways to view full info)
|Monday 18th Feb||3.00 - 3.45pm||Age 3 & 4||Girls||11|
|Monday 18th Feb||3.55 - 4.55pm||Age 5 - 7||Both||15|
|Monday 18th Feb||5.00 - 6.00pm||Age 6 - 8||Both||15|
|Monday 18th Feb||6.30 - 8.00pm||Age 9+||Girls||20|
|Tuesday 19th Feb||5.00 - 6.00pm||Age 4 - 7||Both||15|
|Wednesday 20th Feb||4.20 - 5.20pm||Age 7 - 9||Boys||15|
|Wednesday 20th Feb||3.30 - 4.15pm||Age 3 & 4||Both||11|
|Wednesday 20th Feb||4.20 - 5.20pm||Age 4 - 6||Girls||15|
Additional Needs Try It Out Class
We are delighted to introduce for the first time, a try it out class for children with additional needs. Gymnastics is an inclusive sport and in this class our coaches will work to adapt activities around your childs physical, sensory and learning requirements. So whether it’s the fast track or the bars, whatever it is your child wants to try out, let them find out what they are capable of! Once you have booked we will contact you to discuss the class further.
- When: Tuesday 19th February 4pm – 5pm
- Who: Girls & Boys age 5 – 12
- Cost: €15
Flip Workshop (current) members only – BOOKED OUT AS OF 3/2/19
The number one skill all gymnasts want to achieve is the back flip! Our coaches will help gymnasts get closer to mastering that all important and most desired skill! Flip workshop will cover both forward and backward tumbling skills such as front handsprings, back flips and front somersaults!Tumbling is built on a framework of skill development—one leading to the next. Everything will be broken down into all the fundamental shapes and pre requisites needed to master these cool skills and we will strip away those bad habits learned at home on trampolines all in the safest learning environment possible!
- When:Tuesday 19th February 6.00 – 8.30pm
- Who: Current members only ages 9+ (girls & boys)
- Cost: €15
Parent & Child Session
These 1 hour weekly sessions allow your child to discover the world of gymnastics with you by their side. Sessions give parents the chance to have fun with their young children in a safe and stimulating gymnastic environment! Children have 1 hour of unstructured play becoming familiar with the equipment. To ensure that we are not over booked and for insurance reasons, you must pre-register (free) prior to attending, payment of €5 per child attending is made at the training centre but the first registration of €10 must be booked first. Please note that spaces are limited so bookings for the session may be closed off on the day of the session. Click here for more info.
- When: Tuesday 19th February 2.30 – 3.30pm
- Who: Suitable for very young children from crawlers, furniture surfers to walkers!
February Gymnastics Camp – FULLY BOOKED AS OF 31st Jan
For full information click here
- Days: Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd February
- Times: 10am – 1.30pm
- Eligibility: Boys & girls age 5+, beginners and experienced gymnasts.
- Cost: €60 (current members) / €68 (non – members)
General Booking Instructions
- On the homepage, click on the “Join Now” button.
- Find the item you wish to book, select “add to bill”.
- If you do not have an account, create one, register yourself first, then your child.
- Ensure that your email address is spelled correctly, we do not recommend signing up using your work email address.
- Once your booking has been successful a confirmation message will appear on screen and a receipt will be emailed to you (please check your junk if not received)
- There is a 10% discount available for siblings attending camp from the same family, and 5% discount for classes this is automatically calculated but must be in the one transaction.
- Bookings can only be made online.
- If the option returns as “unavailable” no more places are available, camp/class is fully booked.
- For issues in relation to booking (e.g. payment not going through / credit card not accepted / errors) you must ring Easy Payments Plus 01 2393254 – Kilkenny Gymnastics Academy cannot offer solutions to these problems.
- For best results, use a laptop or computer for booking rather than a phone/tablet.